Thursday, August 19, 2010

Rare Pen and Ink

Look!  There be actual illustration in this illustrator's blog!

Hot off the drawing board is a piece I did for a book interior.  I know I'm allowed to show it, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about the book, so I'll keep that mum for now.  The real curious thing about my ten years illustrating in the fantasy and sci-fi gaming business is that I have only ever been asked to illustrate a dragon twice.  The odd thing here is that this drawing wasn't even for the gaming industry, but rather for mainstream publishing.  Weird.  And it's in pen and ink.  Even weirder.  The only pen and ink I've ever been paid to do.  Weirder still.

So, without further ado, I present the sketch then the finish below:
Pretty straightforward sketch.
Pretty straightforward finish.

2 comments:

  1. Cool man, I love the little guys under his foot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, really solid. Great expression on his face considering what he's up to.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments, questions, and discussion so long as you keep it civil.