Friday, March 25, 2011

Cheese Platter 4

•If there's a profession out there that could really benefit from being exposed to more art, it's plastic surgery.  And I'm talking about everyone from the surgeons themselves, to the designers of the various implants used.  I question, quite frankly, whether or not some of these folks really know what a human being is supposed to actually look like.  After all, their patients often end up looking like hand puppets made from fat trimmings stuffed into a nylon stocking with lipstick smeared where the mouth is supposed to be.  I've seen potatoes that didn't tread so deeply into the uncanny valley.  Perhaps all involved should be forced to prove that they are able to successfully sculpt a face before altering a real one.

•Why can't we have one universal cord that plugs into everything instead of a specific one for each and every electronic device?  For a world that's increasingly cordless, I feel like I've got more cords than ever.  Here's an idea, stop making new cords, throw some money and bodies at the problem.  Preferably bodies with intelligent heads attached to them.  Then come back to me when you've come up with the perfect cord.  At least if you go that route, I'm covered with the cords I've already got until that perfect cord finally comes along to replace them.

•I remember mail often being the highlight of my day in college.  This was before email was so common, mind you.  It was really nice to receive a letter or postcard every now and again.  Every once in a while, there would be something unexpected waiting for me.  More often than not, however, I found my mailbox empty.  Or containing only a bill or two.  As the years have gone by, a disproportionate amount of the mail has become bills.  Gone are the days of letter and postcard writing, and many of those I used to keep in touch with in this way have passed.  Still, at least there are those wonderful days when I receive Netflix in the mail, and no bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments, questions, and discussion so long as you keep it civil.