Monday, March 21, 2011

Sick Day Links

So, I've been dealing with what is either a really bad cold or a mild case of the flu.  Usually, I can handle these things and still get a fair amount of work done.  Sure, I'll be really exhausted at the end of each day, but at least I have something to show for myself.  This time is a little different.  While I'm attempting to get some painting done, I've found it rather difficult to paint with any kind of precision due to constant coughing fits.  I'm also finding it difficult to keep a train of thought long enough to put together any post that has any depth.  Things just aren't coming together for me today.  As a result, I'm throwing out a few links to tide us all over.

Fellow artist Christopher Burdett sent out a simple questionnaire to as many other illustrators as he could think of.  He asked three simple questions:

1) What was the first thing in your life that made you think, "I want to be an artist"?

2) What do you like LEAST about being an artist?

3) What do you like MOST about being an artist?

Here are links to the responses he got: Part 1, part 2, part 3. Worth checking out, I assure you.  Of course, given the cross section of folks who read this blog, chances are you have either already read it or contributed to it, yourself.

Anyway, I'm going to try and get a bit more large shape painting blocked in.  Maybe a spot of laundry.  Maybe a nap.  Who knows?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments, questions, and discussion so long as you keep it civil.